Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The miraculous Quality of the Mundane (II)


One of the gifts of being a new father is the constant reminder to really be mindful of what a miracle this life is. It's easy to see that when I look at my beautiful little daughter, but this is a reminder fro me to realize that miracle in everything else I see as well. This miracle is not just in what is beautiful, or beloved or even alive. It is in all the bits and pieces in between as well. It is in the concrete sidewalk, the plastic cup, the rusty hinge on my garden gate and even in the plastic keys that I am typing on. The miracle is existence. It is easy to take this miracle for granted, but stop for a moment – right now – and open yourself to the realization that all of it is miraculous.

Let that soak in a bit.


No comments: