Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Blown Away


I begin to have a real appreciation for how the old farmer feels who climbs out of his storm cellar to view the utter devastation to his farm. The house is gone. The barn is gone. Even the cow is gone. So he just sits down on the steps of the storm cellar and starts laughing at the completeness of it all. 

I took my macbook Pro in for an upgrade the other day and in the process my hard disk got corrupted. I lost everything but the specific files I had backed up. Good thing I had done that. But I lost me email for the past 10 years, training logs, calendar, address book, even the "cow". 

On top of that, my books are supposed to be showing up on my front porch this morning and I've lost the addresses of the people who made advance purchases. It's going to be an interesting time. 

On the other hand, it's a great opportunity to realize just how attached I've gotten to the bits and pieces of everyday life. How important are they, really? I still have my body, my mind, my soul, my wife, my home - not a bad deal.

namaste!

No comments: